03 March 2009

lunch

Sunday Matt and I had our team over for lunch. Jenica came over early and helped cook, it was really fun working in the kitchen with her. Gregory made it over later, and we all ate until we were stuffed. We got to talk and catch up...but had a few long silences. Here's the funny thing about being on a mission team, we're not best friends. Don't get me wrong, I love Jenica and Gregory as my sister and brother in Christ, and have a strong friendship with both of them. I feel a very close connection to them and care deeply for them. However, what brought us together is this common goal to move to Australia, which is not usually the basis for a friendship! So while we have the destination and our love for Jesus in common, there are a lot of differences among us! When I step back and look at our motly crew though, that's when I really see what's so cool about this whole journey we're on. God's beauty is made complete when His created ones who look different, come from different backgrounds, and have different talents and interests come together in His name and decide to share their lives together for His cause of redemption. Our team has a long time to work through our silences, and I'm excited about that!

1 comment:

Team Brisbane said...

Hey Tish! That is what is so awesome about this team! God brought different people together for the purpose of his work. Just proves he works with NO boundaries. Wow! That IS beautiful! I love you!