22 March 2009

super cool self defense party


Last night I had possibly the coolest birthday party ever! I had a self defense party for my girlfriends at the kajukembo school where I work out. At first I was a little nervous that they would not really get into it, but everyone had a blast! My instructor taught them things that are practical and easy to remember, and they got to hit stuff! After that we did an obstacle course, because what fun is a birthday party if you can't act like a kid? I think my instructor had fun too, because my girlfriends are pretty crazy! After that we had a sleepover at my house. Matt was a great sport and spent the night with one of his guy friends. I can't remember the last time I had people over for a sleepover, it's been at least five years. It showed, because we all fell asleep by about 11:30!
What made this party so special is the fact that it will be the last one I have in the states for quite a few years. As some of my friends reminded me, we will Lord willing be in Australia by this time next year. Kind of sad, but kind of cool!

No comments: