26 January 2009

Time for a tune-up

Last Thursday Matt and I met with Dr. Steve Allison to go over some psychological testing that we did a few months ago. Psychological testing is a normal phase of training through Halbert (so don't worry, we weren't the only ones!) There are two different tests that couples have to take, the first primarily looks at personality type, stress responses, working styles, etc. The second is a marriage test for couples, woohoo! Matt and I did premarital counseling before we got married, so we thought a test two and a half years later would be kind of like a tune up for our marriage!
No need to fear, we don't have any issues that are out of the ordinary...seriously though the tests were really helpful. The first brought to light things about our personalities that I've never really thought of before (and trust me, Matt and I have done our fair share of personality testing). I've tried to store the things I learned away in my mind for whenever I look and Matt and think "what in the world is going on inside your head?" Not that he doesn't do the same to me...so it's okay!
The marriage part of the test was interesting as well. There's nothing like talking to a total stranger about your communication style, budget, and sex life! But hey, if you try to hide who you are as an individual and as a couple then you'll never really grow into who God wants you to be. Too many people miss out on a joyous marriage because they're not willing to see things that they might need to look at differently or change about themselves. Overall it made me appreciate Matt even more.
On a totally unrelated note I'd like to thank my aunt-in-law Angela in Australia for being a follower of my blog. I'm really inept when it comes to blogging so I don't even really know what that means...but I'm sure I'll learn!

No comments: